If the tech site pages do not help, please contact us in the form below.
Please include the program or system you are working with
and the nature of the program.
We will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
8. Tech Skills Needed:
• Each user should have a familiarity with the basic operation of a computer. The user should know how to turn on a computer, enter a name and password, use a mouse to access programs and use a keyboard to enter text and numbers to answer quiz and final test questions.
• Each user should be able to connect an external microphone and set up the microphone for recording
If you are working on a Chromebook and a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash. Refer to the following website: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
• To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info .
• At the bottom, click Site Settings.
• In the new tab, to the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow Allow.
• Go back to the site and reload the page.
9. POP-UP BLOCKERS:
The software uses pop-up windows for various functions. To use the system and run lessons properly you must disable your pop-up blocker(s) or allow pop-ups from the site of the courseware provider (Edmentum, Rosetta Stone, etc.)
With pop-up blockers enabled you may experience several issues. Some of the most common are listed below:
• Offline Activities do not display
• Reading passages do not appear when the Show Reading Passage button is clicked
• You experience "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window" message
• You experience "Please turn off pop-up blocker for this site permanently" message
• You cannot login when entering correct credentials
• Progress does not get recorded / updated when learners exit a lesson or test
• Assessment passages do not show up
• Unable to launch lesson; "Please wait...Click here when your lesson or test is complete
Resolution of issues: Below are links to instructions on how to disable common pop-up blockers:
*Internet Explorer pop-up blocker
*Safari and Firefox on Mac Pop-up Blocker
*Firefox pop-up blocker
*Google Chrome pop-up blocker
*Google Toolbar pop up blocker
11. Education City Issues Related to Flash:
• Adobe will discontinue support for Flash on December 31, 2020. Education City is converting their software to HTML, however until that transition is complete, you may still need an alternate solution.
• We recommend you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed (or a mobile Flash browser such as Puffin Academy if accessing content without the icon via a tablet device). Click Here for more information on how to install Puffin Academy and use EducationCity on it.
• If a student experiences an operational problem, the student has the option of contacting the teacher, calling the toll-free operations hot line or contacting the school.
• For issues where a link does not work, there is a button inside the course to report these malfunctions.
• Any of these problems will be resolved within a normal work day and not to exceed 24 hours
If the information on this page does not answer your questions, try our pages for each program we have. Click on the button for our tech support site.
USER TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. INTERNET ACCESS:
High Speed Internet Connection: WiFi, DSL or Cable. Recommended 40-128 Kbps per simultaneous workstation.
2. SUPPORTED DEVICES:
• Desktop or laptop, notebook computers – Supported. Running currently supported versions of Windows or Apple OS operating system. o Note: “Intro to iOS Mobile App Development” requires a computer with a Mac Operating System.
• Tablets – Supported. Running Android or iOS operating systems.
** When offered, use the device compatibility program offered by the courseware to check if your device will work successfully with the courseware system. **
NOTE** Smart Phones – Limited support. Limited functionality on most courseware systems. Not acceptable for many required assignments. Not supported by Greenways tech program.
3. TECH SETTINGS/PROGRAMS NEEDED:
• System time on computer is accurate and has correct Hour – Day – Date – Month – Year – Time Zone and Daylight Savings Time offset (if applicable)
• Computer has a sound card and speakers
• For students enrolling in Rosetta Stone World Languages, a USB headset with microphone is required. Smart phone access not supported.
4. WEB BROWSERS:
Use the latest version of the browsers listed below:
• Internet Explorer
• Puffin (may be required for iPads in order to work with some courseware)
Browsers must be set to allow cookies.
Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
Certain service-branded browsers (such as the AOL Explorer browser) are known to be incompatible with our courseware systems and should not be used to access Greenways Academy courses.
Certain browser add-ons (such as extra toolbars provided by MSN, Yahoo, Alexa, eBay, FunWebProducts MyWebSearch, HotBar, etc.) and various adware/spyware/malware programs on your computer can result in page-display issues. Greenways Academy staff cannot troubleshoot these issues.
5. ADD-ONS and PLUG-INS:
The courseware systems require specific plugins or add-ons in the browser. We strongly recommend that you have the following free browser plug-ins and media players installed: (some of the following are required to properly display certain content in certain courses)
Adobe Acrobat Reader: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Java: https://java.com/en/download/ Shockwave: https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
Plato Xtras: ftp://ftp.plato.com/public/plugins/Shockwave_Xtras.zip
6. SUPPORTING PROGRAMS:
Some of the courseware systems expect the student to have additional software programs loaded on their computer. These programs are identified in the course syllabus.
Most all courses require the following software:
Microsoft Office-Compatible Software
7. Notes on Third-Party Content:
• Educational partners, to which students of certain online course may be required to go, may have similar, or other requirements, and care should be given to fully read and understand those requirements as defined on those websites.
• Users should understand also that if technical difficulties are experienced at those websites, then requests for technical support must be addressed to the tech support staff of those respective companies, as Greenways Academy tech support staff cannot troubleshoot problems at websites which are not its own.
• Certain courses may require the user to have a program which is not provided as part of the course materials. Those programs will be listed in the course syllabus. Users should observe these requirements before enrolling in the course.