CHARACTER – Make good choices and contribute to the overall school community.
CITIZENSHIP – Realize that actions matter, and good choices make the world a better place.
EFFORT – Strive for excellence in all you do. Work hard. Complete your tasks. Don’t give up.
SELF DISCIPLINE – Take responsibility for your own actions and develop balance in life.
LEADERSHIP – Display an ability to serve and lead others daily.
RESILIENCY – Work through difficulties and overcome barriers through self-advocacy.
1. Answer all emails or communications from teachers and administrators.
2. Communicate via TWO-WAY interactions with teachers and Attendance Officers.
Email is fastest and easiest, but there are other methods.
Check with your teacher to see which formats work for each class.
3. Make “progress” in all classes on a weekly basis based on pacing guides
APPROPRIATE WORK STANDARDS
1. Students will write and speak in full and complete sentences and paragraphs.
2. All short answer work must have at least one full paragraph.
3. A paragraph will consist of at least four full and complete sentences.
4. Students will not use emojis or other replacements for words unless given permission by the teacher.
5. Students will use correct spelling and punctuation. Students may use spell check and grammar check programs or other supports.
6. Students will not copy and paste or plagiarize. Any work from any source must be documented and cited.
7. Unless otherwise stated or allowed by the teacher all written documents will be in Arial, Calibri or Times New Roman, size 12 font.
8. Bolds, underlines, and italics will be used in moderation and in appropriate places in the work.
WHAT YOU CAN SEE
IN YOUR ONLINE CLASS
All programs have a way of checking for progress,
current grade, and percent complete.
Click on the program button for specifics on your courses.
Be Safe – Be Respectful – Be Responsible
Students show SAFE behaviors when they engage in self-control, think before acting or speaking, accept responsibility, treat others kindly, and accept directions and limits from staff. BEING SAFE includes the VIRTUES of integrity, initiative, flexibility, perseverance, orderliness, humor, helpfulness, responsibility, patience, cooperation and caring.
Students show RESPECT when they use appropriate language, accept differences, empathize with others, and settle conflicts in non-threatening ways. BEING RESPECTFUL includes the VIRTUES of integrity, friendliness, cooperation, flexibility, perseverance, patience, caring, compassion, consideration, and courtesy.
Students show RESPONSIBILITY when they answer emails, complete work, monitor their progress, and agree to follow school expectations. BEING RESPONSIBLE includes the virtues of commitment, diligence, determination, generosity, helpfulness, and self-discipline.
APPROPRIATE USE OF ELECTRONIC LEARNING PLATFORMS
Students are expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Any internet or web-based sites must be appropriate and used appropriately.
2. All communications, documents, images, videos, or other student products will be appropriate for school and public use and may not violate any school rules/expectations, district policies or applicable laws.
3. All work eligible for credit or assessment will be done by the student themselves.
4. Any quotations or use of information from outside sources MUST BE CITED with the name of the website AND the link to electronically collected information; and/or, the citation for any non-electronic sources.
5. Students MAY NOT use any translation devices, programs, or interpretation services, human or otherwise for any online Second Language classes.